With the success of Meteobridge the question how to put this to the next level of obviously on the table. Our answer is to gat independent from third party router platforms and to build a platform that ideally suits the need of a Personal Weather Server. Doing so the design goals were easy to set...
- keep low power foot print and find ways to monitor power use
- keep size real tiny
- get rid of necessary USB hubs
- add permanent storage for local data persistence
- integrate RF features to directly readout data from Davis sensors
- equip with proper RF and WiFi antenna
- add a database for permanent storage of data
- allow flexible data exports, where data can be picked up from SMB share or sent via mail of FTP
- have some sensors in the box itself (pressure, temp, hum)
- some kind of status and data display would be great
- sensor data graphing features out of the box would be great
After a quite some months of prototyping and new HW/SW design we are going to release this unique new bundle of dedicated hardware and advanced Meteobridge software as the new meteobridge PRO.
You can find a datasheet about the Meteobridge PRO here.